University of Florida Homepage

Department of Political Science

Enrijeta Shino will be starting as an Assistant Professor at the University of North Florida in Fall 2019!

shinoEnrijeta Shino

I am a PhD Candidate and Graduate Assistant in the Department of Political Science at the University of Florida. I will be starting as an Assistant Professor of Political Science at the University of North Florida in Fall 2019.  My primary research interests are in political behavior, public opinion, and elections. My dissertation focuses on survey mode (internet, face-to-face, and phone) and its effects on the estimates of Americans’ political knowledge, understanding of issues, differentiation of candidates on policy, and ability to cast votes that more fairly represent the voter’s policy preferences. This work addresses the discipline’s basic questions about the nature of American public opinion, while incorporating my substantive interests in those areas as well as my methodological skills in survey research and applied statistics.

My other research interests focus on the electoral reform laws, turnout, and voting behavior. My research specialties include public opinion, voting behavior, elections, state politics, political psychology, survey research methods, political methodology, and experimental design.

My research has been published in the Electoral Studies. For more information about my research, please see my CV or visit my research page.

If you are interested in learning more about my research or teaching please contact me at: enrijetashino@ufl.edu.