University of Florida Homepage

Department of Political Science

Hire a UF PhD!

Amanda Edgell:

I am a PhD candidate in Comparative Politics at the University of Florida. Prior to joining UF, I spent twelve months in the Democratic Republic of the Congo overseeing a U.S. government funded food security program. I recieved a Master’s in International Affairs from Texas A&M University (2011) and a Bachelor’s in Political Science from Appalachian State University (2008).

My research focuses on political institutions in authoritarian settings, as well as, international development finance and gender politics. I have conducted fieldwork in D.R. Congo, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, and Uganda. My work has appeared in Democratization and African Studies Review.

As a consultant, I have provided expertise on program initiation, survey design, and impact assessment for Michigan State University, Princeton University, and the U.S. Department of Defense. I am a managing partner at 417 Research & Analytics.

My favorite video game is Stata. In my free time, I enjoy rock climbing, brewing beer, and training my dog Simcoe.

I am always looking for opportunities to collaborate on research and international development projects. You can contact me at abedgell@gmail.com